With the nice weather finally upon us, 105.5 WDHA and 1250 WMTR will be promoting local downtown areas within Morris County for a 1-month period using a variety of assets to increase foot-traffic & help stimulate our local economies as part of our “Discover Downtown” Series.
Downtown Morristown will kick-off the series and be showcased during the month of June. Participating locations will have a “Discover Morristown” QR code displayed in their front-windows that listeners/patrons are encouraged to scan for a chance to win an awesome “Discover Morristown” prize-pack at the end of the featured month consisting of gift-cards & product from the local businesses with a value over $2K!
It also qualifies you for a grand-prize entry which will be pulled at the end of the series for a chance to win an even larger prize consisting of gift-cards & products from all three featured towns. Tune-in weekdays to 105.5 WDHA for fun-facts and great spots to visit while visiting downtown Morristown!
WIN A DISCOVER MORRISTOWN PRIZE PACK!
Stop by these great Morristown businesses and scan the QR code on their front window to enter for your chance to win these incredible prizes:
- Golf, Etc. (Gift card) – 8 Wilmot St, Morristown
- Verrilli’s (Gift card) – 3 Martin Luther King Ave, Morristown
- Millie’s Meatball (Gift card) – 60 South St, Morristown
- Just Jersey (Gift card) – 163 South St, Morristown
- Origins Restaurant (Gift card) – 10 South St, Morristown
- Swiss Chalet (Gift card) – 159 South St, Morristown
- Lead East (4-Pack of Tickets to the event –NO QR CODE AT LOCATION)
- Fred Astaire Dance Studio (Dance Lessons) – 140 Morris St, Morristown
- Tito’s Burrito (Gift card & Product) – 26 Washington St #1, Morristown
- The Rock Box (Product) – 4 Elm St, Morristown
- The Frog Sports Bar & Restaurant (Gift card) – 18 Washington St, Morristown
- Guerriero’s Ristorante (Gift card) – 90 South St, Morristown
- Tapt Rentals (Gift card – NO QR CODE AT LOCATION)
- The Learning Express & The Teaching Room (Gift card) – 158 South St, Morristown
- Kings Food Market (Gift Card) – 191 South Street, Morristown
- Longfellow’s Sandwich Deli (Gift Card) – 160 Speedwell Ave, Morristown
- Morris Beer Garden Patio Bar & Grill (Gift Card) – 4 John Street, Morristown
- NJ Lottery Tickets (Lottery tickets)
Featured Morristown Businesses:
|Atlantic Health System Morristown Medical Center – Rated the number one hospital in New Jersey by U.S. News & World Report for three years in a row, Morristown Medical Center is a nationally-recognized leader in cardiology, orthopedics, nursing, critical care and geriatrics.
We are the only hospital in New Jersey named one of America’s ‘50 Best Hospitals’ for six consecutive years by Healthgrades and one of the World’s Best Hospitals by Newsweek. We were included on Becker’s Healthcare 2020 list of “100 Great Hospitals in America.” Leapfrog recognized us with an “A” hospital safety grade – its highest – twelve consecutive times, and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services awarded us with its highest five-star rating in 2020.
Morristown Medical Center is a Magnet Hospital for Excellence in Nursing Service. Our nonprofit hospital was also designated a Level I Regional Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons and a Level II by the State of NJ.
|Lead East – Unquestionably the largest and highest quality classic car and Rock ‘n’ Roll event in the NJ/NY/CT Tri-State area. With more than 34 live bands and musicians plus five DJ’s inside and out. We deliver a family oriented festival packed full of events that celebrates decades of legendary Rock ‘n’ Roll. Over the years more than 250,000 people have come to our events. Many have told us it is the best, most fun, most nostalgic event they have ever attended!|
|The Famished Frog– This year we are celebrating our 20th year in business! Over those years we have seen many changes in Morristown and within our walls! From menu changes to design changes, having the children of previous employees now working for us has been one of the pleasures of operating our restaurant.|
|Fred Astaire Dance Studios – An atmosphere of kindness, warmth and fun awaits you at every Fred Astaire Dance Studio! It’s what our clients tell us they first notice when they step inside – an energy and sense of “FADS community” that is welcoming, 100% non-judgmental, and joyful!|
|Just Jersey – New Jersey is home to small-batch artisanal food producers, passionate handcrafters of exquisite wares, and fabulously independent small businesses. We’ve handpicked a unique selection of the State’s best local goods for our retail and online stores.|
|Morristown Partnership/Farmers Market – As the Special Improvement District (SID) of Morristown, the Morristown Partnership is a nonprofit organization that works with key downtown stakeholders – such as property owners, retailers, residents, government leaders, and community organizations – to advance our collective vision for the future of downtown Morristown.|
The Zero-Waste Movement in Morristown
The zero-waste movement is a lifestyle where people aim to eliminate their trash output completely. This means no plastic, no wrappers, no garbage. While this may seem like an unrealistic task in today’s very disposable society, everyday people all over the country are showing that it can be done. By reevaluating the way they approach the concept of trash, these leaders of the zero-waste movement are teaching the world that we all have the ability to make a difference in protecting our environment.