Give back to your community as part of our 5th Annual Rock N Roll Up Your Sleeves Blood Drive at Vitalant’s Parsippany Donor Center on October 16th from 10am-5pm benefiting Vitalant!
Sign up now for an appointment. All donors will also get a limited edition Rock N Roll Up Your Sleeves pint glass.
IMPORTANT INFO FROM VITALANT:
- As back-to-school and work routines resume, blood and platelet donations have slowed, but the need remains strong
- With blood drives cancelled in recent months your individual donations matter now more than ever to keep our communities’ blood supplies at an adequate level
- Save Lives by donating blood
The safety of donors, patients, staff and our volunteers is Vitalant’s top priority. Vitalant continues to follow other rigorous safety and cleaning protocols, including:
- Observing social distancing guidelines where possible.
- Wearing gloves and changing/sanitizing them between donors.
- Staff members washing their hands frequently, before and after any donor contact and after removing gloves.
- Wiping down donor-touched and other high-touch areas often and after every collection.
- Requiring staff members to diligently monitor for symptoms, stay home when they are ill or suspect illness.
Help give back to your community
– COVID-19 continues to pose no known risk to patients receiving blood transfusions. There are no reported cases of transmission of this virus via blood transfusion. There is no inherent risk of getting coronavirus from the donation procedure itself.
To support a safe environment, effective Aug. 9, masks are required for donors, staff and guests at Vitalant blood drives and facilities regardless of vaccination status. Thank you for your understanding as we all continue to navigate through this pandemic.
- Vitalant continues to follow CDC and OSHA guidance when determining our COVID-19 safety policies.
- The CDC’s latest guidance on July 27 recommends masks for vaccinated individuals indoors in areas with high or substantial transmission rates, as well as for those unvaccinated and, like other blood services providers, Vitalant made the decision to eliminate the guess work, err on the side of safety and require masks for everyone at this time.
- We appreciate your understanding as this decision was made in the interests of protecting our valued donors, staff and guests.
- Vitalant will continue to have masks available for those who need one.
-Individually separated and wrapped snacks